Toasting America’s Birthday – Red, White & Blue Wines
Happy Birthday America! Fill your glasses and raise a toast to America’s 240th birthday this July 4th weekend. “However, what’s in your glass?” Shouldn’t it be an American red, white or blue wine made from any one of our great wineries from “sea to shining sea.” And here in Pennsylvania we are no exception to great wineries. The Lake Erie region grows some of the finest grapes in this nation, even offering grape varieties that are often rare in other parts of the country.
With over 20+ varietals to choose from at Deer Creek Winery, selecting what wine to serve on the 4th of July is a is much fun to taste as it is to serve. Stop in and taste our large selection of Red, White & Blue wines! We have them all. Here are some parings to help you get started filling your picnic basket with the rich colors of our nation’s birthday…Red, White & Blue.
- Shippenville Red – This sweet Fredonia wine is our biggest seller. Pair it with hamburgers, steak, kabobs or pork
- Rustic Red – This dry wine is perfect for any kind of beef, whether grilled or roasted.
- Clarion Concord – This sweet wine is as American as apple pie. Pair it the any BBQ sauce.
- Riesling – This all around white wine pairs with most foods at any meal. We love to serve it with chicken or fish.
- Pinot Grigio – This dry wine is great with any cookout. Pair it with your favorite BBQ sauces.
- Fawn Catawba – This sweet blush is in a class above Zinfandel and pairs great with any grilled meats whether chicken, beef or pork.
- Buck Run Blue – This 100% blueberry wine is always a crowd favorite and is now back in stock. Although, be prepared as it will not last. We love it best on ice cream or as a dessert wine. This would be perfect for the end-of-the-day fireworks.