Now in stores — Elderberry wine!
This deliciously dark berry wine is made from 100% elderberry juice. It is so dark, almost black, that you cannot see to the bottom of the glass! Although the wine itself is dark, the taste is tart and refreshing — perfect to sip outside during summertime.
Our Elderberry wine has a nice bold elderberry taste but with a little sweetness. It is a familiar homemade wine for those living in Western, PA since it is so common to find wild elderberries growing wild all over the area.
In fact, many people have had Elderberry wine made on their grandparents land! When you pour a glass of this delicious wine, you’re filling your palate with memories.
Elderberries brings many health benefits that are enhanced when made into wine.
- Helps boost your immune system
- Can help fight cold and flu
- Helps increase good cholesterol when drank on a regular basis with food
- Full of antioxidants
Young wines, like Elderberry, should be consumed within 6 months of purchase. They are not meant to sit in your wine rack and age.
Pairings & Recipes
Elderberry wine is great as a dessert wine or sipped while enjoying a piece of cheesecake or bowl of ice cream!
Elderberry Wine Jelly: Great with cheese & crackers! (By Elderberry Edge Farm)
- 1 cup Elderberry Juice reduced to 1/2 cup
- 2 1/2 cup Elderberry Wine
- 1 box Pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Fill a canning pot half full with water, and turn to high. Wash jars, lids and screw bands in hot soapy water & rinse with warm water. Place jars and lids, with lids off, in oven on low temperature setting until ready for use.
- Slowly heat 1 cup of elderberry juice until it is reduce by about half. This does not have to be precise.
- Measure out 4 cups of sugar and set aside.
- Take the reduced elderberry juice and add wine until it equals 3 cups. Place in non reactive pan and add pectin.
- Over medium heat stirring continuously bring to full rolling boil ~ a boil that does not slow when stirred.
- Reduce heat and dump in previously measured sugar, return to full rolling boil and boil for exactly 2 minutes.
- Fill jars within ½ of top, seal with hot lids and let sit until lids pop!
Elderberry wine is in our Hyper-Sensitive Vinotype — as it’s not real sweet, but definitely not a dry wine! It is full, rich, and even thicker than most wines.
Other Wines You’ll Like
Other Deer Creek wines you’d like would be our Backwoods Blackberry, Whitetail Moscato, or our Diamond Doe!
Stop by an outlet location near you to pick up a bottle (or a few!) of these delicious wines today.